Podiatric Sports Medicine & Science
Here at Canberra Podiatry our Podiatrists clinically evaluate athletes and performance.
Michelle-Prophet Pearson is our Podiatrist with a special interest in sports specific injuries and post operative management. Throughout her vast clinical experience she has developed a strong network base of orthopaedic surgeons, physiotherapists and sports doctors & physicians to ensure a strong multidisciplinary team of clinicians to provide the best clinical outcomes. She has found much success in post-operative interventions to ensure athletes have the best long term outcomes. Michelle constantly appraises the current evidence base to ensure the best treatment solutions with her current interest being turf toe injury management.
A number of services our Podiatrists provides include assessment and diagnosis:
- Athlete assessment (pre-season foot screenings).
- Injuries & rehabilitation.
- Discussing your current sports program to identify if the current load is impacting on your feet and lower limbs.
- Orthotic therapy treatments for any sport or condition
- Referral for any scans required for serious conditions (X-ray, ultrasound, CT scan and MRI), some scans may not attract a Medicare rebate.
- Discussion regarding the use of GPS data for insight into your performance.